Friday 1 February 2019

Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - February

Welcome to the second Ornament of the Month for 2019! This month's colour is Sapphire! I love the stone so much - ever since I was little it's been my favourite stone for jewellery - I couldn't resist using this colour early on in the year.

Here you can see the February ornament next to the January one, which is still beadless as I'll be doing that just before cutting it out. You can see that I'm stitching them fairly close together - I like to use a seam allowance of four stitches, so have eight stitches between the backstitched lines of the ornaments. This means that there are ten stitches between each ornament as I leave one stitch between the last cross stitch and the backstitched lines.
I took this photo so that you could see the sparkle of the Kreinik better. You can also see where I seem to have wobbled a bit with the backstitches hehe. It won't matter in the long run as they are the stitches for the seam and won't show when assembled.
In the photo are the threads for February: DMC 824 and Kreinik #4 very find braid 051HL.
The beads are TOHO TR-11-189 Inside-Color Lustre Crystal/Caribbean Blue Lined. If you can't get hold of TOHO beads Miyuki have a similar beads as well: #279 you can see what they look like here.

Of course you are free to use whatever colours and threads you like - I'm just showing you which threads I have chosen for this month, which are also the colours I charted the pattern with.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #OrnamentoftheMonth and mention me @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

My next pattern will be posted tomorrow over on Deviant Art: the NFSAL. If you can't access it don't worry! I'll be posting it here on my blog next Thursday.

The next pattern I'll be posting on my blog is the Weavers Bird SAL on Tuesday. Have a great weekend and have fun stitching! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I missed January - is there any way I can get a copy? I'm part of your Facebook groups - is the pattern available there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries - it's still on my blog (and will be forever) you can find it here: Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - January

      I am glad you joined us in the Facebook group! However I never put patterns in there.

      Delete
  2. This one's lovely! Well they all are, but still.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.