Wednesday 23 January 2019

A crafting update...

I realised when setting up the "2019 Finishes" page that I hadn't added all of my 2018 finishes to my blog - which is a pity as I *did* finish stuff towards the end of the year as well, though not all of it was cross stitch. One of the things I finished was this scarf - it's huge! I used two 200gr balls of Lana Grossa Gomitolo Versione colour 407 to make it, the hat and mittens below. It's 18 x 122 inches / 45.7 cm x 3.10 metres! It's not very thick but wrapped round several times it is nice and cosy!

I made the hat and mittens from the second ball of wool before I continued with the scarf to make sure I'd have enough to do them. This is the first pair of mittens I have ever made and the thumb joints are a bit weird but it went well and I think I want to try again another time.
Another finish is the Viking Dragon - I showed lots of progress pictures on Instagram but never got round to showing him off here. I am thrilled to bits with how he came out, though photos will never do justice the subtle shine of the assorted Kreiniks I used. I am thrilled to bits with the fabric I used for this! It's made by Dyeing for Cross Stitch and is 14ct Aida. The colours are the perfect background for him.
What isn't obvious is that part of the really dark brown is actually Kreinik! In person it sparkles nicely though.
Each part of him has a different pattern though I used the same threads for all. I was going to add beads as well but it just didn't look right.

In the end I used:
  • DMC 300
  • DMC 301
  • DMC 400
  • DMC 402
  • DMC 3776
  • Kreinik blending filament 021L
  • Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid 021
  • Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid 021C
  • Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid 021HL
  • Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid 021L
  • Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid 022L
For the most part I worked on large projects last year and didn't finish any of them so there is little to show for what else I did last year.

I hope you enjoyed my post of finishes and I'll see you Friday with my non SAL Friday Freebie!

10 comments:

  1. Love your scarf .your dragon is very stately. Just wish we could see the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! I wish I was able to show it more, he has several spools of Kreinik in him!

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize you hadn't shown these here yet - they so deserve every bit of attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either! I was quite surprised I can tell you!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love your dragon and I can’t seem to get enough of Cathy’s fabrics! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fabric was wonderful to stitch on and I'm looking forwards to using the other two pieces of fabric she sent me :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.