Wednesday 6 November 2019

Finish It In...2019 - Check In Post, TUSAL, and More for November

 
Welcome to the ninth Finish It In... 2019 post for the year! (Since I skipped July and August). This month I have been very busy - not just with stuff for the blog but also with a second round of TeamKLT vs TeamJodyri. I also made two more batches of jam: one batch of apple jam and one batch of apple and strawberry jam - if you make jam yourself try making them - they are amazing! This post is picture heavy as usual so make sure you view it using WIFI if you are viewing this post with a mobile device.
Not sure what a TUSAL is? Click the picture!
As always I'm first going to start by showing you my ORTs - the bits of thread that get cut off and usually thrown away.
This is my ORT jar for the month - it's pretty full for a change - but it's got something special in it so let me show you another picture so you can see what it is...
Yup, it's got glow in the dark thread in it! Thanks to a very handy gift my fiancé got me I'm able to show it to you without having to mess around much: a UV torch! If you want to take photo's of glow in the dark things this is a fantastic help!

Now on to my pie charts!
This list is so long it only *just* fits on my tablet screen - any more and I'd have to scroll! I did a LOT of stitching in October! Which means you will get a lot of pictures below!
The tags list is a bit shorter fortunately - most of the things I worked on were for the TeamKLT vs TeamJodyri event, as one might expect when someone is doing a stitching competition with specific requirements as to what you stitch. Now on to what I worked on, starting with the usual suspects and then on to the less usual ones!

Ornament of the Month:
This month I added the beads to the stitching I'd done back in May and I actually managed to finish finish it for a change too!
I wasn't happy with the picture I took for the Ornament of the Month post so I battled it out with the purple again today and succeeded! It seems that threatening to replace my tablet with a smartphone helps (I still use an old fashioned mobile) hehe.

Mamluk SAL:
This month I stitched ahead and finished the stitching for this SAL - I have so much to do in November and December that I decided to get ahead of things where possible. Because I'm mean all you get to see is up to part ten
Medieval Owl:
The demands of stitching for the TeamKLT vs TeamJodyri event on the days I'd planned to stitch the October part of the owl meant that I didn't get to finish the October stitching - I'll have to catch up with this for the November post.
Blackwork SAL:
Last month I was a little behind with this SAL but now I'm all caught up! I haven't stitched ahead on this project, not had the time unfortunately.

50 x 50 for 2019:
I wasn't able to complete the stitching of the main pattern this month. Only two rows left though!
25 x 25 for 2019:
I not only completed the stitching but I made it into an ornament!
NFSAL:
I stitched the pattern and made it into an ornament.

That's all the SAL stitching I did... now on to the stitching I did for the TeamKLT vs TeamJodyri event! Below is a list of what I stitched per day, with pictures of the end point of all of the projects next to the last day I used them, so there will be more pictures towards the end.

Day one: new start day and I started the second ornament for my fiancé's daughters - 50 needed, 68 stitches done (picture below)
Day three: stitch 200 stitches (or more) on a cat chart - started the Team Jodyri cat chart. 255 stitches done.

Days five and six were a two day weekend challenge: stitch as much as you can on any chart with points given based on how much you stitched AND the whole team together had to reach 10 000 stitches - so I went for the max amount and then some more for luck and the team together got over 20 000 stitches! I completed my day one start. 774 stitches as counted by the competition (backstitches count as half a stitch and an eyelet counts as four stitches)
Day seven: work on any Jodyri Designs chart - I started the Under the Sea SAL and did 481 stitches on the Octopus.
Day nine: 200 stitches on a bird chart - I started Autumn Owl and did 200 stitches, I didn't do more as I realised I'd made a mistake and would have to rip about half.
Day eleven: 100 stitches biggest WIP. I worked on Cecropia Moth and did 166 stitches.
Days twelve and thirteen were another two day weekend challenge: I worked on Cecropia Moth and did 1698 cross stitches and 87 backstitches.
Day fifteen: work on any KLT charting chart - so I got out GeoStar that I hadn't finished in the April event and did 209 stitches. (Picture below)
Day sixteen: I can't remember what we had to stitch, it wasn't a stitching day so it was a bonus challenge. I worked on GeoStar and did 118 stitches. 
Day seventeen: 100 stitches with blue thread (or variegated thread with blue in it): I worked on Circus Stitches #teambelsa freebie and did the letters TEA (picture below) which took 258 stitches to do.
Day nineteen and twenty - another two day weekend challenge: I worked on Halloween Cat (Finished picture below) and did 1534 cross stitches and 13 backstitches.
Day twenty one: use Jodyri or KLT fabric. I worked on Cecropia Moth and did 120 stitches.
Day twenty two: I worked on my Blackwork SAL (see above)
Day twenty three: We got to set a challenge for the other team and team KLT set us a penguin as the thing to stitch. I didn't have one so designed one and then shared it on the Friday as the Friday freebie. I did all 991 stitches as well as the finishing in one day of stitching!



Day twenty five: stitch something from a fandom, with a bonus for stitching a Circus Stitches chart. I had a lovely pattern ready for this and then had to change it because I wanted to get the bonus points for the team. Yay for fb group freebies!

I stitched 272 stitches.

Day twenty six and twenty seven - fourth weekend challenge: as a team stitch 20 000 stitches with a minimum of 200 stitches per team member in order for that team member's stitches to count for the 20 000. Must be a KLT or Jodyri chart for the stitches to count. I worked on Cecropia Moth and I did a whopping 2413 stitches over the weekend!

I finished Cecropia Moth at the end of day twenty nine as I had some spare time.

Day twenty eight: we got a stitching bonus challenge - do the challenge we set team KLT the week before. The challenge was: do a flower pattern at least 50% of your stitches must be backstitch/blackwork. I started the Black and White floral pattern I posted here as a Friday freebie some time ago as I needed to keep the Blackwork Poppy pattern I had for the next day and didn't want to start something big. I did 72 cross stitches (34.7%) and 271 backstitches (65.3%).
Day twenty nine - KLT or Jodyri new start - I started Blackwork Poppy by Jodyri and ended up doing 284 stitches and fudging a bit as the pattern is forgiving enough to do so.











In the light...


Day thirty: Show non stitching hobby with a bonus challenge to FINISH a project you had worked on during the challenge - so I finished Halloween Cat as I'd finished Cecropia Moth the night before *screams*. 831 stitches done and a bunch of straight stitches for the faces/whiskers.
In the dark...

Day thirty one: Work on a Halloween or autumn project - I continued with Autumn Owl after ripping out half the stitches I did on day nine. I stitched 377 stitches.





After the event was over I decided to also finish GeoStar as it was almost complete as it only needed another 285 stitches. Which brought the total of bigger things finished in October to three!













Team KLT won with 13559 points to our 11513. I was 6th place in the individual points, I'm pretty pleased with that.

In between all that I also worked on the design for the Weavers SAL for next year, the Autumn Mystery SAL, and some other designs for next year.
Now it's your turn! Make a blog post if you blog, make a vlog/flosstube, a post on Instagram or Facebook and make sure I at least can see what you have stitched in the last month!  If you blog or vlog please put a link below - it will be fun to see what you have stitched and who knows... you may gain a larger audience in the process! Not sure how it works? Check out the overview post!

There is now a Facebook group just for this project so you don't have to wait till the first Wednesday of the month to share your progress on a project that isn't something I designed. You are encouraged to start your own photo album in the group so it's easy to see your progress between postings of each project. Members of my main group are automatically accepted others will need to be approved first. You can find the group here
 
I'll see you tomorrow for the NFSAL, Friday for the November 50 x 50 for 2019, and Saturday for the Weavers 2020 SAL Announcement post!

6 comments:

  1. You certainly have had an exceptional month in October. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much stitching going on - Michelle and Kim really kept us all on our toes! You did wonderfully. My post for the month was pretty short once again: https://needlepensword.blogspot.com/2019/11/finish-it-in-november-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they did! Thank you! It was but look at what you achieved!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.