Friday 1 November 2019

Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - November

Welcome to the eleventh Ornament of the Month for 2019! This month's colour is Amethyst, although I know I did an amethyst back in 2015 this one is a very different colour, and especially a different pattern so I decided it would be ok. Just one more pattern left for this year, I wonder if you can guess what it will be?
Yes! I actually finished it this month! I really struggled to get the purple to show as purple at all in my photo, I don't know why purple is so difficult to photograph but it is.
These are the threads and beads I have used to finish my ornament. On the middle left is DMC 550 that I used for the stitching and on the middle right is the craft thread I used for the tassel and cord. On the far right is Kreinik 026L #4 Very Fine Braid. The beads are TOHO TR-11-928 Inside-Color Rainbow Rosaline/Opaque Purple Lined (now *that* is a mouthful!). If you can't get hold of TOHO beads Mill Hill have plain beads that similar to the TOHO beads: 62042 - you can see what they look like here.

Of course you are free to use whatever colours and threads you like - I'm just showing you which threads I have chosen for this month, which are also the colours I charted the pattern with.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #OrnamentoftheMonth and mention me @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

I'll see you Tuesday with the eleventh part of the Weavers Birds SAL!    

4 comments:

  1. I can not believe that it is already November!! Where, oh where does the time fly? This is an elegant ornament (as they all have been this year) and I am so far behind that it will be 2020 Christmas forme.
    Thank you for all the wonderfully beautiful patterns that have made me want to grow younger- I will never finish everything that catches my eye and imagination. Thank you, thank you. Have a wonderfully stitchy month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's zoomed past this year! Thank you! I fear that some of mine may not make the tree this year either, but we shall see, they are all stitched which is a big help!

      You are welcome! You shall just have to live till you are 150 instead! hehe :D You are more than welcome, I'm glad I can share my creations and that people like them :)

      Delete
  2. Purple can be a real pain to take pictures of - for some reason, my camera won't do it at all, but my phone does is decently. I'm sure this is very pretty in person, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can indeed! I somehow got a better picture when I tried again for the Finish It In... 2019 post :D

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.