Tuesday 14 January 2020

Blackwork SAL 2020 - January

Welcome to the first part of the 2020 Blackwork SAL! This year is quite a bit different from last year as you can choose the shape you want to stitch - If you don't know what I'm talking about I suggest you read the information post first as that has everything you need to know to join in with it. I'll be doing a separate pdf per shape so you don't need to print off any more than necessary.

This is how I used the patterns I'm giving this month - If you look carefully you will see that I haven't done all of the black outlines yet - that's because I'm waiting till I've done the stitching on all sides of a shape before adding the outlines this time round. I'm using two strands of black for the outlines.

Remember you can start anywhere on this project and place the pattern designs anywhere you like - this is a good time to dig in your stash and have fun with your colours!

Both the octagons and plusses have two shapes to help with the filling in as they are more complicated shape wise. They also have two designs per page (in addition to the information sheet - please do read it even if you don't print it!).

The squares and rectangles only need a page each for printing in addition to the information sheet - please do read it even if you don't print it!

You can find the pattern for the octagons here 
You can find the pattern for the plusses here
You can find the pattern for the rectangles here
You can find the pattern for the squares here

Have fun and I'll see you Friday for the 35 x 35 for 2020!

6 comments:

  1. As you know, I had a lot of fun stitching this one :) I can't wait for the next one, but I know there'll be enough new SALs in the meantime to keep me well entertained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed, and I'm very glad you did! That there are, with the next new one tonight :D (though it took me less than two hours to make, excluding finding the stuff I needed)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.