Thursday 2 January 2020

Seasons SAL - Winter

Welcome to the winter edition of the Seasons SAL! A bit later than planned but I had some teething issues with the Temperature SAL that needed sorting out properly first - it's my first time doing something that's very specific and I had to learn how to do it properly. I also had all these plans for showing off a stitched, finished item but of course I also thought I had a time machine and could do more stitching than there were hours in the day - with the NYE Mystery SAL only finishing at lunchtime today I just didn't have time to do more than collapse for a bit, make the New Year's post, the Temperature SAL post, watch Doctor Who, and now this.

This time you get a winter's scene with the sunrise/sunset starting on the right hand side. Because it's darkish the snow looks more blue than white. I plan to use DMC C519 for mine as that will make the snow sparkle a bit, like it does in real life.
These are the threads that are used in the pattern - if you don't have an exact match just look in your stash and find something that works - or change the colour to one you prefer! It's perfectly ok to make the sky using some blues and make the sun more yellow - you just get a daytime scene instead.
Although this is a full coverage piece I'll be using this wonderful fabric from Jodyri Designs for my stitching as I can then frame it with a bit of the fabric showing and it will perfectly coordinate with the stitching as you can see from the skeins showing to the left. When I saw it in my advent package I knew that this was the fabric I was waiting for!

You can find the pattern here

I'll see you tomorrow for the final Finish It In... 2019 post and Friday with the Ornament of the Month!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh awesome! I'd love to see yours when it's stitched!

      Delete
  2. That's a really neat pattern! I might wait for the other parts to release, though, and play a little around with how to arrange them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is a good idea if you are uncertain. I will probably do mine as a cube with plain fabric on the top and bottom :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.