Friday 24 January 2020

NFSAL 2020 - January

Welcome to the first of this year's NFSAL posts! This year I probably won't be able to stitch them all but the very wonderful Carla Eldridge is going to be stitching them instead as my model stitcher! If you have read the announcement post you will have seen that Carla and I have been in this from the beginning so I'm extra happy that she is again going to do the model stitching for this year. You can read Carla's post on her blog - it's a fun read and she gives tips on things she encountered while stitching as well! Always handy!

First of all is mini border one - which is one of the three optional border patterns you can choose to use for the NFSAL patterns this year.
Next up is mini border two - the second of the three optional borders - the third is a whole year frame, but Carla won't be stitching that. All three border patterns were given in the announcement post
This is what this month's pattern looks like - Carla had a busy month this month and, as you can see on her blog, had a lot of fun knitting too, but still somehow managed to get all of this stitching done! I think it looks fantastic!

You can download the pattern here

Have fun stitching and see you Tuesday for the first A Blackwork Christmas SAL - which is the last of the ten monthly SALs I'm hosting this year! On Friday I'll be giving the first of the Spring Mystery SAL pre-stitches, so look out for that here too!

6 comments:

  1. I can't stop looking at the finished piece and it's so dang pretty! I seriously recommend the fancy border for January pattern for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! You did a grand job of the stitching <3 It was a great choice even though it was more work :)

      Delete
  2. It really does look awesome - well done, both Carla and you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's mighty to be able to embroider the design so well. It requires a high level of craftsmanship and has artistic beauty. I was wondering, can Carla Eldridge stitch an Easter egg? It is very challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla is indeed very good at stitching :) I have to admit I don't know if Carla can stitch on an actual egg, I'm not sure if she'd want to to be honest :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.