Friday 5 April 2019

Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - April

Welcome to the fourth Ornament of the Month for 2019! This month's colour is Chocolate! This month is Easter for those who celebrate it, which is why I chose this month to give the pattern. Chocolate and Christmas just go together in happy harmony.
If you saw my Finish It In... 2019 post on Wednesday you will have already seen the February Ornament of the Month that I finished at last. I've been more careful since then in where I stitch the next parts so I can liberate them from the fabric in an orderly fashion.
And this is April's Ornament! The dark border is a combination of beads and cross stitch. My beads were not shiny this time as I only had matte brown beads on hand - I'm not sure which kind as these were sent to me by my friend Carla - but they look fantastic despite no sparkle.

You can see the beads and stitching better in this image which I took just after completing the beading.
And here are the threads and beads of the month! Kreinik 022L, DMC 898 and the unknown beads. I'm not really sure which Miyuki beads these would be close to so just pick something you think will work.
And here are all the ornaments so far!

Of course you are free to use whatever colours and threads you like - I'm just showing you which threads I have chosen for this month, which are also the colours I charted the pattern with.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #OrnamentoftheMonth and mention me @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

My next pattern will be posted tomorrow over on Deviant Art: the NFSAL. If you can't access it don't worry! I'll be posting it here on my blog next Thursday.

I'll be back here on my blog on Tuesday with the fourth part of the Mamluk SAL!

2 comments:

  1. That chocolaty patterns looks really delicious! The matte beads look just like chocolate-covered nuts or something ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.