Sunday 21 April 2019

Spring Mystery SAL 2019 - Part 16

Welcome to the unexpected and unannounced part sixteen of the Spring Mystery SAL 2019! Although I think it might be foreseeable since I have only posted pictures of completed things after the post itself. So this blog post is to show the end result of all my stitching and to request that if you blog or flosstube about this to link it to me in this post so I can admire your stitching or watch your flosstube!
Here is my completed back - I decided to leave the back empty of text as my hands were playing up a bit and I still had so many other things to stitch - so much so that I only *just* finish finished this just before writing this post. That doesn't say much until I add that I'm writing this with 40 minutes spare before the post goes up!

Of course just the one picture isn't enough for an end of SAL post so you can see the top of the biscornu above and the bottom of the biscornu below
I used some pretty flower beads I had in my stash for this with TOHO TR-11-142F Ceylon-Frosted Banana Cream (isn't that name lovely?!) seed beads to hold them in place.
For the edging I used TOHO TR-11-YPS0024 HYBRID ColorTrends Milky - Airy Blue (how's that for a mouthful and a half?)

As for what I stitched with and on:
Fabric: Jodyri Designs May 2018 Year of Fabric Club Brights "Columbian Emerald" 18ct Aida.

Threads are all Jodyri Designs:
I should add here that I am not affiliated with Jodyri Designs - I'm just a very happy customer and I've been trying to not hoard the fabrics and threads I buy from there but to enjoy using them instead.  I am linking them where possible in case you want to have a closer look at the thread. I have to say that I have been really enjoying using them so you will continue to see them showing up here and there on my blog.

I look forward to seeing your versions of this SAL! Happy stitching!

On all social media sites the tag to use is:  #SpringMagicalMysterySAL - let's make the world see what we are up to!

I do not expect anyone to be able to be up to date at all times during the SAL - you need to eat and sleep at the very least so expect to be "behind" part - if not all - of the time! It's part of the nature of this type of SAL for this to happen, so being "behind" is the normal state of affairs. If you are a slow stitcher expect to finish "after" the SAL has "finished" - though tbh the SAL is always available and new people find the patterns on a regular basis so it's never really over.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! Either here or in the Facebook group or, if you prefer, you can DM me on Twitter or Instagram (@magical525 on both)

10 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH...for this SAL, still trying to catch up but wanted to let you know that i don't go on facebook but will do a biscornu.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you are having fun! If you don't blog yourself and don't use Facebook would you mind sending me a photo of it once you are finished? I'd LOVE to see it :D I use gmail and the bit before the @ is Magical525

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the SAL, it was a lot of fun. I'm going to finish mine into a biscornu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm glad you had fun and I'd love to see the result when it's finished!

      Delete
  3. Loved it so much! Had tons of fun. Thanks!!! Just gotta ball up for the assembly... Today! Will b posting pics soon, have just posted the pre-stitch so far. (you've seen em on fb already tho!) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you had fun! Your end result was fantastic - you did a fabulous job on your first biscornu!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.