Friday 21 August 2020

35 x 35 for 2020 - August

Welcome to the eighth 35 x 35 for 2020! This month there are partial stitches in the pattern - I can hear the scream you just gave over here! But never fear these are NICE partial stitches - yes, they exist! - the partial stitches are one leg of a cross so either / or \ with no fiddly extra bits that are a nightmare to stitch on Aida. You can leave them off if you prefer - they just round off the edges a little.

I had quite a bit to rip today - partly because I couldn't count to four last night when I was doing the stalk of one of the plants and today because I realised that plan A just didn't work and it was all far too close together and looked like one element instead of eight - that had to change as there is no point in making things all pretty and not be able to see it.

The fabric I'm using is Jodyri Designs "Winter Solstice" 18ct Aida, which used to be the December 2015 Limited Edition fabric but has been moved to the main fabric line so I was able to link the fabric name to the fabric itself. The threads are as per the pattern. I have not yet chosen the beads I'm using.

You can find the pattern here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 11. I'll see you Tuesday for the next part of A Blackwork Christmas SAL! 

1 comment:

  1. That's a gorgeous pattern, and on one of my favourite fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.