Sunday 1 November 2020

The Autumn Mystery SAL 2020 - Part 1

Welcome to the first part of the Autumn Mystery SAL 2020! This time it's different from my usual standard sized mysteries as there are between 68 and 80 stitches per part and only one part a day for a whole month instead of around 80 stitches per part every four hours over a long weekend. 
As always I don't show my stitching till the day after to avoid spoilers before you have downloaded the pattern. Instead I'll show you what I'll be using. The fabric is Jodyri Designs October 2020 Limited Edition "Maple Woods" 18ct opal Aida, which I felt was very fitting for an autumn SAL - it arrived just as I was looking at fabrics trying to choose which one to use and I just knew this was the one. All thread colours areas per the pattern.
Now you know what I'm using I'm sure you are keen to get the pattern AND see what to expect this time! What I can say is this part sets things up for the whole SAL - it's better to take your time stitching than to race and miscount.

Colours used this time:
  • Colour D (DMC 469 on the pattern)
  • Colour E (DMC 007 on the pattern)
Number of stitches:
  • 64 - in Colour D
  • 8 - in Colour E
For a total of 72 stitches for this part.

You can find the pattern here

See you tomorrow for the next part of the mystery!

I do not expect anyone to be able to be up to date at all times during the SAL - you need to eat and sleep at the very least so expect to be "behind" part - if not all - of the time! It's part of the nature of this type of SAL for this to happen, so being "behind" is the normal state of affairs. If you are a slow stitcher expect to finish "after" the SAL has "finished" - though tbh the SAL is always available and new people find the patterns on a regular basis so it's never really over.

On all social media sites the tags to use are: #MagicalMysterySAL or #AutumnMysterySAL - let's make the world see what we are up to!

PS: Don't forget you can ask all your questions in the comments below and there is a Facebook group to share your stitching results etc. which you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.