Friday 6 November 2020

Friday Freebie - Announcement Post

Some years ago I used to have a regular Friday Freebie post - one where you'd never know what was going to happen next and could be any size, shape or colour depending on my mood, the weather, time or year etc. Some I'd stitch in advance, some I didn't depending on time and my health at that time. I decided that for 2021 I'd not only do that on the 5th Friday of the month if I was up to it but also do it on another day of the month to give me a bit more creative freedom during the year. This is a SAL you can skip ones you don't like so much or don't have time for as the next month's pattern won't rely on you finishing the month before.

What:

  • This is a SAL with a monthly surprise.
  • The pattern can contain whole cross stitch, backstitch, French knots/Colonial knots/beads and occasionally other stitches based on groupings of straight stitches. 
  • There will be twelve monthly patterns with the occasional extra pattern on the 5th Friday of the month if I'm up to it.
  • The pattern can contain many colours.

Where:

  • All patterns are posted here on my blog.
  • There is a Facebook group to share progress and talk about the project here.

When:

  • Patterns will be given every third (and possibly fifth) Friday of the month - there will be a "calendar" in the side bar so you can see the exact dates, which will be added in December after the last of the 2020 patterns.
  • I will start on the 15th of January 2021.

Fabric:

  • Will be given with each monthly pattern - you should be able to do many of them with fabric you already have (if you have a few bits of fabric in the house) as the patterns are generally on the smaller size.

Floss:

  • Will be given with each monthly pattern - you should be able to do most of them with floss you already have - colours are usually ones you could swap for something else if you don't have a particular colour in the house.

I hope you are as excited as I am to do this SAL - it will be easy to keep up with due to its (expected) small size which will mean you could do this alongside another SAL or large project. I hope to see many of you in the fb group as well as here! If you have any questions please do ask! Either here or in the fb group works (a mention will help me see the fb post!) and I'll answer ASAP!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure this will be a fun one, I bet you'll come up with a lot of interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to have a lot of fun with it - especially as I can do anything wit it :)

      Delete
  2. Happy I found your blog. You are very talented and have beautiful SAL. The one I am patiently waiting is the ornaments one. I really like small project as they stitch kind of fast. Thank you for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did too! Thank you! The ornaments next year are going to be great fun!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.