Tuesday 24 November 2020

A Blackwork Christmas - November

Welcome to the eleventh edition of A Blackwork Christmas SAL! Today I'm running late again - It's been quite the day what with one thing and another and I was rather distracted from my stitching as a result. I did manage to finish the stocking though as I'd planned - with the amount of work planned there just isn't space left to not finish something before the post.
This is the November stocking! It might look like there are cross stitches in the cuff of the stocking but they are actually just backstitched lines that cross each other.
Here is a close up of the stitching - the red looks a bit purplish here oddly enough.
As you can see here it really is red! From left to right: DMC 498 for the backstitched outlines and cuff, Kreinik 003V for the stocking part and finally TOHO TR-11-25D "Silver-Lined Garnet" seed beads for the finishing, and finally craft thread for the cord that is almost identical to DMC 498.
This month my lining is a lovely "coffee steam" in red that I've had in my stash for years.

You can download the main pattern here.
You can download the pattern with space for a date here.
You can find the construction tutorial here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Autumn Mystery SAL 2020!

2 comments:

  1. These colours are gorgeous, and such a perfect fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree the fabric is wonderful! I really need to finish the quilt I made with this fabric!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.