Tuesday 19 March 2019

Medieval Owl SAL - March

Welcome to the March edition of the Medieval Owl SAL! This month you finally get the first part of the owl and for many this will be the first part as they have chosen not to do the border. If you are one of these people please read this post carefully or your poor owl will have an amputated toe! Yes that's right - the March pattern does not have all of the owls toe.
This is my embroidery with March added below April - it kind of looks like a house on legs at this point. If you look carefully the left hand middle toe is missing a bit of roundness compared to the other toes. This is because the toe overlaps the border. Fortunately I saw what was happening and knowing that there are people not stitching the border I made a point of stitching the rest of the toe first to see what is needed and what not to make it look right.
And here you can see what I have added to make the toe a finished toe.
On the pattern it looks like this. At the bottom is the border that I gave in January and at the top, in an orange box is the March pattern. If you stitch the area I have indicated in yellow here then you will have a complete toe. I did not add this to the pattern to avoid people thinking they had to add some backstitch after all.

While you guys have the fun of doing the March pattern I get the fun of doing the January pattern... and if I am fast I may do the February one too just to be caught up.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #MedievalOwlSAL and my name @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!


I hope you have fun stitching and I'll see you Friday for a non-SAL Friday Freebie!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.