Wednesday 6 March 2019

Finish It In...2019 - Check In Post for March

Welcome to the third Finish It In... 2019 post for the year! In this post I'll show you what ivé been up to since the last post, in as far as I can share of course as I still have a few secrets that will show up as the month progresses but I'm sure you don't mind waiting too much.


This month I didn't get to stitch on any of my older projects for two reasons:
  • My fiancé was home for almost a week before he had to go back to work abroad and I didn't get any stitching done while he was here.
  • I did a bunch of crochet using yarn bought using a gift card oldest had given me for Christmas. I'm adding that to my Finish it in... list as I would like a larger square crochet blanket for my sofa.
The new starts of this year:

Ornament of the month:
Last month all I could show you was a picture of the January and February ornaments still on the fabric as I was unable to cut them out till I'd stitched the ornaments on the other side due to having to stitch them close together. As most of you will have seen I have now finished both the January and March ornaments (due to me not thinking in time to stitch February under January) and even written a tutorial on how to make the doughnut shape.






















Mamluk SAL:
Last month I showed you part one only - now I can show part two too, though part three is already stitched as well you will have to wait a couple of weeks to see that.














Medieval Owl:
You may remember that I stitched August and September parts so that people concerned about the colours used could see them in stitched form before starting. After that I headed down and stitched the April part so that I could work my way down to the border and do that without risking miscounting as we went down. In a few weeks you will see the March part stitched as that's the next part to stitch for me and for you!

Blackwork SAL:
It's still the smallest SAL I'm doing but it's so much fun! Here you can see the January and then the January and February pictures.

50 x 50 for 2019:
This one hasn't been going so well for me but then although it's a small pattern doing both versions is still 2500 stitches per pattern so it's not too surprising that I can't always manage it. January still looks the same as it did last time so I'm not going to add it here. I did manage to completely stitch February... and finish finish it!

















25 x 25 for 2019:
Last month I showed you the finished 25 x 25... this month I can show you another finished one! They stack nicely too!

NFSAL:
Still not officially on my list but I couldn't resist and it only took me a day to make! I'll be posting the pattern here on my blog tomorrow.

















The Blue and Yellow Hexagon Crochet Blanket:



















On the left you can see the colours I'm using on my somewhat messy desk (it's been worse believe me!) and on the right you can see my progress so far. I already finished three balls of yellow yarn making the yellow hexagons but I got a bit bored and decided to start adding some together with the blue so I could see where it was going. I'm happy with the result so far - I'm randomly grabbing a yellow centre and using it with a blue where the only rule is no two the same next to each other. I'm using the join as you go method as that works better for me. The hexagons are 3" across each side when the blue has been added.

Heart for my Fiancé
For Valentines day I stitched a heart for my fiancé using an assortment of embroidery stitches, threads, and beads.

Now it's your turn! Make a blog post if you blog, make a vlog/flosstube, a post on Instagram or Facebook and make sure I at least can see what you have stitched in the last month!  If you blog or vlog please put a link below - it will be fun to see what you have stitched and who knows... you may gain a larger audience in the process! Not sure how it works? Check out the overview post!

There is now a Facebook group just for this project so you don't have to wait till the first Wednesday of the month to share your progress on a project that isn't something I designed. You are encouraged to start your own photo album in the group so it's easy to see your progress between postings of each project. Members of my main group are automatically accepted others will need to be approved first. You can find the group here

I'll be back tomorrow with the February NFSAL and on Friday with the February 50 x 50 for 2019 - it's another busy week on the blog!

10 comments:

  1. That heart is STILL one of my most favorite things you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pleased with how it came out :)

      Delete
  2. Your heart is gorgeous, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! The heart is stunning.
    Here's my post for the month - https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2019/03/finish-it-in-2019-march.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Thanks for linking me! You have made good progress! Your finishes are lovely <3

      Delete
  4. I'm still so far behind on everything, but hope to finally get my own post up today or tomorrow (so realistically speaking, probably this weekend). I love everything you made - you sneaky crocheter, you! I'm so excited to see where this blanket is going and now I want to make a big blanket as well, aaah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Actually made it: https://needlepensword.blogspot.com/2019/03/finish-it-in-2019-march-check-in.html

      Delete
    2. You have so much going on it would be surprising if you were always up to date with things :) (I know some people *can* do that but I have absolutely no idea how!) Thank you! Yup I'm a stealth crocheter at times hehe. I'm keen to see it grow too but have been far too busy to crochet lately. You can do it - one hexagon/square at a time :D

      Delete
    3. And yay! good job on all your work - I'll comment there later, so many posts to catch up on!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.