Monday 31 December 2018

2018/2019 NYE Mystery SAL Part 10

Welcome back for part ten of the 2018/2019 NYE Mystery SAL!  Some of you may not have noticed but in the seventh pattern I made a mistake which Judi pointed out to me over on Facebook: I'd missed a stitch out! Many of you stitched it as it was meant to be - with the stitch in place keeping things symmetrical however if you followed the pattern exactly as given then you need to add a stitch still.

With the missing stitch in the bottom leaf shape.
With the correct leaf shape at the bottom
The pattern below also has the stitch in place where it belongs so you don't need to re-download anything (though I have replaced the previous patterns with the corrected version). On top of it all I realised that I was so in the zone of stitching that I forgot to make a picture of my part nine *sigh* so you will have to make do with the pictures above for now.

Take care when stitching the middle stitches in this part! There are two colours of cross stitch added this time: DMC 809 and DMC 798. There is also some backstitching - it's optional but does add to the pattern. Personally I did the side bits as backstitch and then the "stem" I did as a straight stitch.

Colours used this time:


  • Colour B (809 on the pattern)
  • Colour C (798 on the pattern)
Number of stitches:
  • 16 - in Colour B
  • 9.1 inches of backstitch in Colour C
  • 12 - in Colour C
You can find the pattern here

See you in four hours (or so if you need more time to stitch this part) and have fun!

Don't worry! If you need to do things like sleep, feed the hungry hordes, be social etc. etc. the parts will still be there when you get back! I don't remove patterns from my blog and they stay free! Remember that being "behind" is pretty normal, especially if you haven't had time to stitch due to life's things that need doing.

On all social media sites the tag to use is:  #nyemysterysal - let's make the world see what we are up to!

PS: Don't forget you can ask all your questions in the comments below and there is a Facebook group to share your stitching results etc. which you can find here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.