Saturday 8 December 2018

Friday Freebie on a Saturday: Ornament of the Month - December

Welcome back for the twelfth Ornament of the Month! It's a little late as I have to admit that I completely forgot yesterday. This is the last pattern for this year and it has by far the most beads/French knots of any of the patterns - if done with beads it will be full of bling! Of course if you wish to use less beads/French knots then by all means do less - it's entirely up to you.
As you can see it's fairly simple in pattern - especially if you use beads as its all backstitch triangles within each other.
The bottom square took some work to get the two rounds of trees in but I'm very happy with the result - this definitely is something that would work well as a square ornament on its own.

You can find the pattern here
You can find the Stitching Template here

I hope you have enjoyed this SAL. If you have stitched any of these ornaments please do let me know as I'd love to see them! This SAL will continue next year - it's been fun to create these designs! I'm not sure yet what shape they will be yet but time will tell.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this will be incredibly shiny with beads! I can't wait to stitch those...and I can't wait to see what you'll cook up next year, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed :D I can't wait to see yours stitched up, though I know these things take time for you as you have so many other projects going at any one time :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.