Wednesday, 24 January 2018

WIP Wednesday

Last week the Weavers Tapestry Band Sampler looked like this and those of you who have seen the previous post will know that it's changed quite a bit since then...

however I do have a newer picture of it as I did some stitching on it last night after taking this photo.
I finished the leaf as planned to get the flow of the colours the way I wanted it to - I'm quite happy with the result - and I started the stalk to the side.
Last week this was almost finished...
The stitching is finished now - all that's left is to splat it (that's a technical term for pressing) and finish it using the bit of Hoffmans Bali Batik (wheat) you can see peeking from under it.
Last week the Randje per Week looked like this...
and now it looks like this - with 2 new borders added and the last 3 colours I have for the project used too. The very light beige is a bit difficult to see but it's there!
On Monday I was doing a bit of tidying and this kit from Cross Stitcher fell out onto me - so I took the hint and started it. I had to set it aside as it turned out that I had to do a bit more to stitch on the Weavers Tapestry Band Sampler. I'll get back to it soonish.
Of course when this kit from Cross Stitch Crazy fell out onto me today I also took the hint and started that! It's a very naughty kit as I already have to do a bit of ripping as I missed a stitch of the very dark grey *sigh* I'll be doing that first so this doesn't become that-project-that-still-needs-to-be-ripped.

I'll see you Friday for the next Friday freebie!


  1. Nice progress; Weavers Tapestry Band Sample is looking particularly snazzy :)

    1. Thank you! :) I'm really happy how the colour is working out for the Weavers Tapestry Band Sampler :)

  2. Great progress :) You're doing a good job keeping up with your SALs!

    1. Thanks! Sticking to just 2 SAL's this year is proving to be a lot more doable than when I was trying to do 4 or 5 last year, which is a good thing I hope hehe.