Sunday 14 January 2018

Post!

I don't often post about stuff I get in the mail any more, mostly because I forget to take photo's before it gets merged into my stash - though I should do a post soon about my Jodyri stuff as its fantastic - but that's a story for another day. Today I want to talk about a parcel that came in the post yesterday. It was sent to me by my dear friend Carla ,who has the Alaska Wolf Pack blog and does a series of FlossTube video's (go check it out, She's fun!), and not only contained stuff she was sending me but also 2 envelopes from other people who had sent them to her to be included in the box! How wonderful is that!?! This post is picture heavy!


Of course before I thought about writing this blog all the post was opened so you will only get to see the contents - but what contents they were! I'll write about things in the order I opened it so that means I'll start with the contents of Carla's box.

First of all I found 5 perfectly sized project bags! The red one is already in use - I put my Carla and Leonore's Halloween SAL project straight into it! I haven't decided what to put in the other ones yet. The hoops are the perfect size for any of my projects so will end up on something soon - I love the colours! In the hoop is some Denali Dreams Alaska Wild Cranberry soap - the smell is intoxicating - even my two teens love the smell! I'm going to have to keep it hidden away to avoid them using it! Also in the box was an old commemorative coin with the British Queen on it and some Nailed It! nail stickers - which are so fun, but I'm going to keep them for a special occasion. This alone is awesome to get but there is more!
First up the mysterious box with a Christmas tree on it - this must remain closed upon pain of death till I have been instructed to open it, so I think I'll leave it closed as I rather like living! Next to it is an awesome bag! It closes up to be a small pouch but when opened has space for all your sewing needs and is large enough to be able to park your travel project on it should you need to, so your project doesn't have to touch that questionably clean café table. If you look carefully you will see that it has a line of pockets all around the edge of the bag.

To the left is the back and base - which has a handy solid base so it keeps its shape well.

And to the right is it's closed up - you can see how small it is then, the perfect size to stash in your handbag!

Now there is an interesting thing that I noticed about the bag... and that is that it happens to match the pair of scissors I got for Christmas! What are the odds of that - especially as the scissors were part of a gift tin and could not be picked!


And here is the bag with the scissors! How perfect is that? It was meant to be for sure! I'm going to have to make a fob, pincushion and scissor case to go with this now aren't I?

The first of the two envelopes that were in the box came from Judi who had very kindly offered me some variegated threads that she didn't enjoy stitching with - I have to admit I certainly wasn't expecting as much as I got - even my teens were impressed about how much was squeezed into that one envelope!
Somehow Judi had managed to fit in: 4 skeins of Carrie's Creations and a lot of American Thread Co. Star Six Strand floss...
3 skeins of majesty six strand floss, some Prism (by DMC) and 2 unknowns as well as 4 colours (and a lot of skeins per colour!!) of Artiste floss....
then 2 more beautiful unknowns, a skein of Sullivans (Yay! I've been wanting to try this!), some skeins of Lily - it's wonderful to feel and the label says it cost 10c when it was new - so amazing! What can I say - I have a thing for old thread, something Judi didn't know, and all this older thread has made me so happy. And last but definitely not least is some DMC - both original variegated and Color Variations. This was quite the envelope to get and my youngest son and I had a lot of fun sorting this to colour and type! Thank you Judi!

The second envelope was just as mind blowing as the one Judi sent me! I'm not entirely certain who sent this to me as the envelope only had a company name on it but I am thrilled with what was sent! Editing to add that I have since found out that it was Cathy D who sent it to me - thanks Cathy!
First were some skeins of thread: Some more Carries Creations (yay!), Ma's Sale and Fiberlicious - 3 brands I've been wanting to try out as well!
Then a wonderful Jim Shore pattern leaflet along with the bead kit and buttons needed to make it! I may do this for Carla and Leonore's Halloween SAL this year - unless the pattern(s) they choose are very tempting. Then from the envelope came some hand dyed fabric from Dyeing for Cross Stitch, which has a small Etsy shop with some beautiful fabrics!
First this stunning orange and red 14ct opalescent Aida that has some wonderful things happen with the dye once it was given time to spread...
then this stunning orange/peach/salmon 18ct opalescent Aida - you can only see half the fabric as I had to fold it to fit the space by the window. Sadly you can't see the sparkle this fabric has here as well as you can in the fabric above.
Then came this bright in your face yellow (also folded in half) - that isn't nearly as bright in the picture as in reality, no matter how hard I tried - it's 18ct opalescent Aida and pretty close in colour to the DMC Light Effects fluorescent yellow - but then not a fluorescent colour but a happy bright yellow. If you think me trying to describe this colour means I don't like it think again! I LOVE it!
Last of all is this wonderful beige and sage green 14ct Aida, no sparkle on this one but it is actually the better for it! It too is folded in half - the bottom half has a bit more of this green on it, which is now I've compared it to my colour card, close to my beloved (and no longer produced) DMC 504.

I have no words to really describe how grateful I am for all of these gifts - they made my day so much brighter yesterday and then again today as I made photo's to share with all of you! Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some really awesome gifts. I didn't realize how much thread you got, and I can't wait to see what you'll make with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes they really are! It took me a while to actually process the largesse of the people sending me these things - it's humbling.

      And I'm still gobsmacked!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.