Sunday 23 June 2019

July Plans and more

It being the summer I'll be taking things a bit easier over the month of July, especially while I'm away for a bit. I'll be writing posts ahead of time and you could see less stitching in the posts as I may not have time to stitch it all before I go away. One thing I will start is a Summer SAL over in the Mystery SAL group! Before all that let me show you what I spent some of the donations I have been given since the last post mentioning donations.

The biggest spend was to buy a Kreinik Metallic Thread Color Card - something I've been needing for a while now but have had trouble getting my hands on. It seems easy enough but ordering online can lead to interesting results - like when I was sent a battered looking seven years out of date colour card that was offered as new from a reputable online shop that's linked to an importer. Once contacted they did offer a discount if I wanted to keep it but really... if I'd wanted an old one I could have looked on eBay. So I opted to return it and bide my time. That wasn't the only time I tried getting one - but since they all buy from the same wholesalers that was pretty doomed unfortunately.

I ended up getting this one from Sew and So in the UK - a bit more postage but I did get the latest one... before Kreinik changed the colour cards a couple of weeks ago (just after I'd ordered haha). I'm thrilled to bits though as it's so nice to see what they look like before ordering as metallics don't really photograph all that well.

I also bought four spools of Kreinik to make the most of the shipping costs. I took a second photo as the first photo made them all darker than they are and it didn't help all that much. The second thread from the left is closer to DMC 995 than this - much brighter. For the curious... from left to right: 018HL, 029L, 006, and 3606.

Thank you so much everyone who has donated - you know who you are dear donators <3 - without you I would not be able to afford the colour card or the threads without the donations as it would not have fit my budget.


Now for the July plans...

Many of the posts will be written ahead of time and the patterns will be linked in advance too so that I don't need to make sure I'm near a place with Wi-Fi at the time the post happens. To avoid people trying to get sneak peeks the pdf's won't be where you are used to - as you know from the Mystery SAL's I can be pretty devious when it comes to this.

I'll try to check in on the Facebook group around the time it posts but I may be busy and not able to. If you want to be certain I see a message about one of the patterns then please make a comment on this blog, on the appropriate pattern post - I get email notifications and will check them when I can. I DO NOT get notifications for Facebook as it was too spammy so I turned it off.

I will almost certainly not be making my usual posts on Facebook that the posts have been made - please add this site to your RSS feed, blog reader or use the option to get email notifications of new posts. I do not personally see any of the email addresses given for this - it's the blogger platform that deals with it. If you realise you have missed a pattern head over to this blog, there is a link to it in the announcements of the Facebook group and you will be able to find the post in the recent posts made here.

Links will be added to the side bar as soon as I'm able to.

The Summer Mystery SAL:
I'll be making a proper post for this soon but it's going to be a SAL with options - you can use as many or as few colours as you like - you can make it as big or as small as you like, not just by choosing your fabric, but also by choosing how much of it you want to stitch.

It's going to be a Blackwork SAL as that stitches up quickly and once you have a couple of repeats made you don't need the pattern on hand anymore which is handy when you are out and about.

People who were on the Team Jodyri team for the April fun and games will have seen the pattern already - some have already stitched it (or at the very least started it) and you are more than welcome to join in with this but realise that some things might be given/done differently as the pattern then wasn't completely finished.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely time off and hope you can actually enjoy it and relax! As for the summer SAL, I will try to get on board with this...I don't really need a new WIP but what I've seen so far looks like so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did despite everything else :) As you can see health issues stopped the SAL plans but they will happen eventually anyway

      Delete
  2. I'm on teamjodyri and I don't remember seeing the pattern :( It's alright since you are going to do the SAL soon anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I sent it to you personally as you did miss the initial posting. I'll be getting round to this soon if all goes well.

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.