Saturday 17 June 2017

Friday Freebie: Surrounded

This week's freebie started with me wanting to use DMC 995 and because it goes so well with black and white I added those too. The nice thing of course is that any colour goes well with black and white so if you don't like DMC 995 you can swap that out for any colour you like!

Rather unusually I didn't use 1 strand for the backstitching of this project - it's ALL done with 2 strands. I used 32ct evenweave for mine so you can see it works on smaller counts - though it might have to be reduced to 1 strand for 40ct fabric.

The eagle eyed of you will have spotted that the lower left black motif is a bit wonky, I decided to leave it in as it reminds me of the slightly wonky bits in medieval manuscripts and that made me smile.

You can find the pattern here

In case you missed it Wednesday:  I'm in the process of preparing for a very special event here on my blog: Christmas in July! That in itself might not seem so special, however I'm giving a free pattern every single day for the month of July! They are all small and can be used for cards or ornaments (either flat or 3-D ornaments that can be filled with an advent treat) - about half will be Mucha Princess inspired and the rest are in a wide array of Christmas colours that you can of course adjust to your own Christmas palette. I'm sure you will be as excited as I am, especially after you see what's in store!

2 comments:

  1. I like this one - I do like the 995 and it really looks great in this motif!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D 995 can be a bit difficult to use sometimes as it's such a strong colour but as you said it looks great here :D

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.