Friday 23 June 2017

Friday Freebie: Illuminated Square

This week's freebie pattern was inspired by an illuminated manuscript that Emily Steiner tweeted. It's only a small section of the background but it stands well on its own too.

I started stitching this on Thursday thinking it would be an easy stitch - which it is - but not when its 33C/91.4 F and my hands are sweating so much the needle slips between my fingers. As a result I had to give up stitching till it was cooler. I've only made it half way so far but it already shows how well the terracotta and Kreinik 002J #4 very Fine Braid work together giving that rich illuminated book feel.

You can find the pattern here

If you have been having issues downloading older patterns on my blog I can only apologise, it's happened due to server issues which I hope will be resolved soon. If you need a pattern in a hurry please leave a comment on the pattern you want and I'll make sure you can download it.

2 comments:

  1. Another great pattern, thank you. Oh my, too hot to stitch, that's horrible! It's cooled down a little over here and I am very grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D You are more than welcome. Yeah 30+C is just to hot to hold a needle without it slipping. It is much cooler here now too - pouring with rain today and I'm happy it is as my apple tree was starting to drop apples due to lack of water (despite me giving it 40 litres a day extra)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.