Thursday 14 February 2019

Valentines Competition!

Happy Valentines Day!

I hinted about this in a previous post here and in the Facebook group yesterday and here it is: The post I said was coming!


But what post you might wonder? And what does this picture of "Monkey's Secret Prize Box" mean? Wellll... as the subject of the post says, it's a competition! And what's in the box is part of the prize! Which is, of course, a secret as the name of the box implies. Needless to say it's a nice prize and my Fiancé SmallBlueMonkey spent a LOT of time thinking about what to put in it. I can attest that he understands what stitchers like and need - he's even tried his hand at cross stitch himself! (He did far better than I did on my first project!) I will add that the logo and MNT on the box have nothing to do with the contents of the box - it was used as it is just a perfectly sized box for the prize.

Only part of the prize? YES! The other part is below... and it's also the challenge for this competition. The picture itself has been taken with the incorrect settings to make sure the colours are NOT true. It wouldn't be a challenge if it was taken with the correct settings.
So... how can YOU win this fabulous prize? Read the instructions below very carefully. You don't want to make a mistake because you didn't read it through first *wink*
  • Try and guess what the colour numbers are of the threads pictured above. Remember that the colours shown are NOT accurate!
  • Make a comment below with your best guess.
  • All comments on my blog will be moderated for the duration of this competition so you won't see any comments posted and won't be able to use other people's guesses to help you choose your entry. After the competition all of the entries will be posted.
  • Use a name that is recognisable and uniquely yours - and remember what you used. (I had a LOT of trouble finding the Christmas raffle winner).
  • You can only enter once - any additional entry will be deleted.
  • You don't need to sign up for anything to enter.
  • The competition starts at the moment it's posted and ends on Sunday midnight CET/11pm GMT/6pm EST 
  • On Monday SmallBlueMonkey will pick the winner that is closest to the actual numbers. He will do this by adding up all the numbers you picked and the closest to the total of the threads will be the winner - if there is more than one winner at that time we will look and see who has the closest numbers to the threads themselves.
  • The threads will be placed in the white box pictured above and then it will be posted before the end of the month. 
If you have any questions ask - but I can't help you choose the numbers of the threads hehe.

Good luck!

I'll be back tomorrow with the February 25 x 25 for 2019!

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's not who's stitching is the best! From left to right, 3752, Blanc, 321, 223, 744, 415, 793, 794, 413.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah.. that would be a whole other competition!

      Delete
  2. Here is my best guess :)
    1-B5200, 2-23, 3-760, 4-948, 5-14, 6-501, 7-3807, 8-792, 9-930
    Thanks for the give away and the fun!
    Beka L

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best guess is:
    747, 23, 3801, 951, 743, 904, 798, 312, 3847
    What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my very wild guess for the Valentine's contest.
    White, 3747; 223; 793; 725; 520; 798; 825; 311
    Cheryl/mamakane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea! My guesses are (left to right): B5200, 818, 666, 407, 307, 520, 333, 797 and 930!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, here are my guesses!

    964, 211, 606, 950, 445, 500 797, 796, 798

    Probably way off on the colors but I gave it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.