Friday 5 July 2019

Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - July

Welcome to the seventh Ornament of the Month for 2019! This month's colour is ruby - a LOT easier to stitch than last month's colour! It's been pretty hot here lately, so hot that stitching became impossible as I couldn't hold my needle without it slipping between my fingers. I haven't managed to stitch everything I wanted for this month but as I warned previously this might be the case this month anyway due to me taking some time off.

As you can see it's not finish finished but at least the stitching and beading is finished.
You can see where the beads are a little better here - they fit snugly into the openings left by the stitches.
These are the threads and beads I have used/will use to finish my ornament. The full bobbin holds red craft thread that I will use for the cord and tassel, the almost empty bobbin has DMC 345 and the almost empty spool holds Kreinik 003 #4 Very Fine Braid. The beads are TOHO TR-11-25C Silver-Lined Ruby. If you can't get hold of TOHO beads Miyuki have similar beads as well: #11D - you can see what they look like here (unfortunately I could only find size 15/0 on their site but hopefully they also have a size 11).

Of course you are free to use whatever colours and threads you like - I'm just showing you which threads I have chosen for this month, which are also the colours I charted the pattern with.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #OrnamentoftheMonth and mention me @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

I'll see you tomorrow over on dA with the seventh NFSAL pattern - if you aren't a member don't worry! I'll be posting it here on the blog on Thursday. I'll be back on this blog on Tuesday with the seventh part of the Mamluk SAL! 

4 comments:

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.