Tuesday 14 May 2019

Mamluk Cross Stitch SAL - Part 5

Welcome to the fifth part of the Mamluk SAL! This month we are adding a second block next to the one we did last month - next month will see a row finish!
And this is what mine looks like after stitching this part. As I have to move the hoop to finish the row for next month I decided it was a good time to give it a splat with the iron too so that at the end of the year the creases are easier to remove. I ironed it from the back on a fluffy towel and then flipped it over and ironed the unstitched areas on just the ironing board. I never iron stitching from the front as that splats the stitching, which isn't a good look.
And this is what it looks like out of the hoop - all nice and splatted (in the right places of course). It looks so different like this!

For size reference: my hoop is 5"/ 12.7cm. It was given to me by my friend Carla who, quite rightly, felt that I needed fun coloured hoops at a time when blue was the only option for me (other colours are *still* difficult to get) and sent me this lovely hoop and the orange one you sometimes see on my Medieval Owl SAL photos. I like to give each project its own hoop so having many colours makes that much easier as well as simplifying project recognition just by the colour of the hoop.

I digress...

back to the Mamluk SAL!

Please note that the patterns show the entire pattern area every month - as time goes by the space will become covered in stitches. So what shows as the middle this month IS the middle of the pattern.

This month there are 144 stitches for both the original version and the restored version.

You can find the original pattern here
You can find the restored pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #MamlukSAL and/or my name @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

I'll see you Friday with the fifth 25 x 25 for 2019.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, more Mamluk! This one should stitch up nice and quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much Yay! Yes, this one stitches up quickly :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.