Friday 10 May 2019

Friday Freebie: 50 x 50 for 2019 - May

Welcome back for the fifth edition of the 50 x 50 pattern series! This month I was able to complete stitching both patterns and I made it into a biscornu.
Here it is showing the main pattern. I used Jodyri Designs November 2017 Limited Edition "November Rain" 18ct Aida to stitch both sides on. For the main pattern I used Jodyri Designs "Summer Sunset" 011R Thread. I didn't pay too much attention to where the colours landed. What I did do was stitch from top/left to bottom/right finishing the thread off as I reached the end and starting again at the top/left.
For the alternate pattern I picked two DMC threads that more or less matched the Jodyri thread. For this dye batch it was DMC 722 and 745. I then stitched alternate rows with the colours to create this stripe.
This time I decided to add beads while making the biscornu. I used TOHO TR-11-111 Trans-Lustered Lt Hyacinth and TR-11-182 Inside Color Luster Crystal/Opaque Yellow Lined seed beads.
I'm really pleased with how well these colours play together! Doing both sides would have used most of a skein of thread and I like the Summer Sunset so much I wanted to keep a bit on hand for a later project. Naturally I *could* order more but... I'm trying to stitch from stash as much as possible this year and other than the monthly Jodyri Designs Limited edition fabric and thread (and occasional new colours Michelle has added to the collection) I am trying to use what I have.

The nice thing about this pattern is that you can repeat it as often or as little as you like (or have the patience for hehehe) and it will look great!

You can find the main pattern here
You can find the alternate pattern here

I'll see you Tuesday for the next part of the Mamluk SAL!

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design! I was wondering how you manageed for the colours to look so neat on the backside, but the DMC explains that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That you were wondering is a huge compliment as it means I managed to match the yellow and orange so closely that you didn't see it wasn't the Jodyri thread! :D Thank you!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.