Friday 3 May 2019

Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - May

Welcome to the fifth Ornament of the Month for 2019! This month's colour is Dragonfly wings! I can hear you wondering why I'd pick this as a colour but I've always loved how iridescent they are and they remind me of fairy wings too. The pattern I designed has lots of delicate backstitch to reflect this.
As you can see it's still very unfinished - this is entirely due to my having done the TeamKLT vs TeamJodyri challenge. In order to be able to cut this free I first need to stitch the July and August ornaments and I didn't have time to do that last month. What you can see in the pictures are the cutting lines for the ornament and the next ornament will be five stitches away from the lines.
Here you can see the backstitching a little better - this colour is very difficult to photograph! So to make it easier to see I stitched one each of the elements on red 14ct Aida with white thread...
which suddenly makes the pattern very clear - especially when it's this large! Definitely a warts and all moment right there.
Here you can see the threads I used this time Kreinik 1432, DMC 3811 and the beads I think I'll be using: TOHO TR-11-773 Inside-Color Rainbow Crystal/Montana Lined seed beads. If you can't get hold of TOHO beads Miyuki have similar beads as well: #283 you can see what they look like here. This time my Mill hill to TOHO conversion chart also had a result: Mill Hill 2072 Teal.

Of course you are free to use whatever colours and threads you like - I'm just showing you which threads I have chosen for this month, which are also the colours I charted the pattern with.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #OrnamentoftheMonth and mention me @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

My next pattern will be posted tomorrow over on Deviant Art: the NFSAL. If you can't access it don't worry! I'll be posting it here on my blog next Thursday.

I'll be back here on my blog on Tuesday with the fifth part of the Weavers Birds SAL!

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty and delicate! (also for some reason I'm running into 3811 everywhere lately, what's going on?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have no idea why the colour is more popular right now, I made this design back in January so well before all this started but who knows... perhaps it's just one of those colours that likes the spring :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.