Friday 17 May 2019

Friday Freebie: 25 x 25 for 2019 - May

Welcome to the fifth of the 25 x 25 for 2019 patterns! This month I *thought* I'd fully finished what I stitched but it turned out I'd planned to but not done it. However as I have a bit of time this weekend I'll make the most of it being unfinished and I'll make the gazillion photo's needed to make a photo tutorial of making an uneven count biscornu.
Here you can see two versions I stitched - one using the DMC colours called for and one with DMC 3831 instead of the blue. This is one of the few patterns I have designed where the order of backstitch is important. You need to first stitch the green backstitched lines, then the yellow.

This month I used a 4 1/2" x 9" strip of Jodyri Designs January 2019 Limited Edition "Mermaid Dreams" 25ct Lugana that Michelle had sent me thinking I could use it... and as you can see I could!

You may have noticed in the past few months I have been using a lot of the Jodyri Designs fabric and threads - I have been using stash that I have either bought myself or won in competitions as it seemed a waste to just let it languish when I could have the fun of stitching with it instead. The fabric used above was an offcut sent with an order and had a note that said it was included because it might be something I could use. I used it just because it was exactly the colour I wanted to use for this pattern - I was under no obligation to use it or even mention it was sent to me.

You can find the pattern here

Have a great weekend! I'll see you next Tuesday for the next part of the Medieval Owl SAL.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute small pattern - and the perfect fabric too!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.