Tuesday 19 February 2019

Valentines Competition: Results!

Last Thursday I posted a photo of this box and set you a challenge to guess which threads were going to be in the box with a few other nice things my fiancé had selected to put in it.
I had of course not made it too easy by doing a bad job of photographing the skeins while carefully hiding the thread numbers. I'm not too sure what I set but I know I changed every setting I could until it wasn't really all that recognisable.
And here are the threads in normal light/settings - if you click the image you can see the colours more clearly. They are 746. 225, 666, 402, 307, 909, 158, 820, and 535

There were 5 entries in total in the end - so everyone had a good chance of winning. Some people had chosen B5200 or White as a colour and as they are both white and can't be added up I set them to 0 for the count.
I didn't want to make typing errors so copy/pasted the entries into excel and let that do the adding up as my fiancé didn't have time to do so before catching his plane today. Green is exact match - orange is closest to the real number.

As you can see Leonore is the clear winner - she not only got the most numbers exactly right but also got the most closest matches - and to top it all off she had the closest number to the total of the threads that were bought by my fiancé for this competition!

Congratulations Leonore!

I'll be back tomorrow with the second part of the Medieval Owl SAL!

7 comments:

  1. Way to go Leonore! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Leonore! 😁 Those 3800 guesses did me no favours 😂. What a fabulous idea for a competition. I hope we get a re-match one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the idea of the competition! It might be done again in the future... sometime after I've worked out why there were only 5 entries...

      Delete
  3. Wohoo! What a great post to wake up to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. SmallBlueMonkey28 May 2019 at 00:41

    So yeah, i've been a bit lazy... @Magical please ask the runners-up for their top 3 choices of the threads i picked for this challenge and i will sort that out for them... finally :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.