Friday 8 February 2019

Friday Freebie: 50 x 50 for 2019 - February

Welcome back for the second edition of the 50 x 50 pattern series! This week you not only have two choices but you get a pattern for each choice! It will make stitching the alternate pattern just that little bit easier. I have added the alternate pattern to last month's post too!
I decided to use two very different threads for this month's pattern - a bright and a pastel. I used Jodyri Designs April 2016 Limited Edition 18ct Aida "Cairns Birdwing Butterfly" for both sides. The threads are Green Birdwing Butterfly 211R on the left and on the right I used Sparkling Citrine 243R (I'm not affiliated, nor do I get anything for linking you... I just wanted to make it easier if you wanted to have a look)
And here are my threads wound on the bobbins with the beads I used in between. They are TOHO TR-11-15F Transparent-Frosted Citrus Spritz. I matched the beads to the fabric this time as there was no colour match available for both threads in my stash.
The main pattern finished. You can see that on both the beads are not glaringly obvious, which is just how I wanted it this time.
The alternate pattern finished. You may have noticed in the photo at the top with both together that this one is quite a bit smaller than the main pattern.
When stitching both patterns to be used together make sure you have three stitches on each side extra on top of the spacing you leave between the stitching and the seam. I use one stitch between the stitching and the back stitched line on the main pattern, so for the alternate pattern I left four stitches before adding the backstitched outline.
Hopefully this and the previous photo help you see the spacing difference.

You can find the main pattern here
You can find the alternate pattern here

I'll see you Tuesday for the next new SAL: The Medieval Owl SAL!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, thankyou for letting us have the design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très beau ,merci pour les grilles
    bon dimanche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De rien! I'm happy you like them! Bon Dimanche aussi :)

      Delete
  3. Those are super pretty, especially with your floss an fabric choice! The Greenwing Butterfly is just stunning, but the Citrine is perfect on the green fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree the Greenwing butterfly is awesome!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.