Saturday 24 June 2017

June TUSAL

My little jar where I keep the ORT's
My jar is looking a bit full as I've been very busy again this month which means this post will be very picture heavy! For those of you wondering what on earth a TUSAL is: it stands for Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long and its just keeping all your threads etc. from stitching in a jar and then posting once a month (or so) what you stitched since the last post.

The big jar
It's a good way of seeing that you stitched more (or occasionally less) than you thought. Like last month I'm going to be putting before and after photos next to each other so it's easy to see how much has been done. After each post here the ORT's all go into the big jar above, it doesn't seem big here but it's actually 9" high x 4 1/2" in width and has everything in there from when I first found out about the TUSAL.

What I worked on:
Vakje per week
What it looked like last time
Now

Dear Rien (this is given on Facebook, just search for Dear Rien)
What it looked like last time
Now

Linen and Threads 2017 Mystery Band Sampler Stitch Along
What it looked like last time
Now
 NFSAL
Before any of the recent TUSAL's
Now
 Freebies I designed and had time to stitch
The Glorious 25th of May WIP
Stitching finished.
Red and Black Optical Illusion

Be True - with Jodyri Designs threads
Be True - DMC threads


Surrounded
WIP Illuminated Square

Those of you who have not visited my blog recently might not be aware that I'm in the process of preparing for a very special event here on my blog: Christmas in July! That in itself might not seem so special, however I'm giving a free pattern every single day for the month of July! They are all small and can be used for cards or ornaments (either flat or 3-D ornaments that can be filled with an advent treat) - about half will be Mucha Princess inspired and the rest are in a wide array of Christmas colours that you can of course adjust to your own Christmas palette. You could even make a large embroidery project with them by stitching them all onto a single piece of fabric. More information will follow soon so you can prepare for it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is the first time that I have seen your blog and this post alone has impressed me very much. Your fingers must be lightning fast to get all of this stitching done. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! Thanks, I do get a bit of speed on now and then but mostly it's because I'm on disability so am home all the time :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes :D I'm so glad I started TUSAL posts again as it helps me see that it really does all add up :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.