Thursday 3 October 2019

Finish It In...2019 - Check In Post, TUSAL, and More for October

 
Welcome to the eighth Finish It In... 2019 post for the year! (Since I skipped July and August). This month didn't have as many health issues as the three months before but I did wear myself out a few times - especially as my fridge decided that it was about to croak and I had to get a new fridge (I'm so glad I save money for emergencies like this!) and that required cleaning the old fridge and preparing the space for the new as it's a bit bigger than the last one. I also ended up making a batch of jam from the frozen fruit (Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, black currents, red currents and cherries all put together in the pan at the same time to make a single jam) that defrosted as they didn't fit in the cool box and the way I'd insulated them wasn't sufficient for the six hours they were out of a freezer. The jam is awesome!
Not sure what a TUSAL is? Click the picture!
As always I'm first going to start by showing you my ORTs - the bits of thread that get cut off and usually thrown away.
This month I also didn't stitch much but I did get all caught up with my planned stitching for the SALs so that's a good thing. What I worked on you can see in the pie charts below:
As you can see I did work on a bunch of projects, with the incomplete 50 x 50 (only the main pattern finished, not both) taking up the most time.
When looking at the tags for the SALs you can also see where most of my time went.

Ornament of the Month:
This month I added the beads to the stitching I'd done back in May and I did the backstitched outlines for the front and back. It's still not finished but hopefully that will happen before Christmas.
Mamluk SAL:
This month I did the ninth part of the SAL which led to another row finish.

Medieval Owl:
As I'd already stitched the September part back in January there is no visible change in the owl this month.
Blackwork SAL:
I'm a little behind with this SAL - I only managed to get half the stitching done before it was time to make the blog post and I haven't picked it up since.
50 x 50 for 2019:
I was able to complete the stitching of the main pattern this month.
25 x 25 for 2019:
I not only completed the stitching but I made it into an ornament!
NFSAL:
I stitched the pattern but didn't finish finish it.
Now it's your turn! Make a blog post if you blog, make a vlog/flosstube, a post on Instagram or Facebook and make sure I at least can see what you have stitched in the last month!  If you blog or vlog please put a link below - it will be fun to see what you have stitched and who knows... you may gain a larger audience in the process! Not sure how it works? Check out the overview post!

There is now a Facebook group just for this project so you don't have to wait till the first Wednesday of the month to share your progress on a project that isn't something I designed. You are encouraged to start your own photo album in the group so it's easy to see your progress between postings of each project. Members of my main group are automatically accepted others will need to be approved first. You can find the group here
 
I'll see you Friday for the October Ornament of the Month!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you back on track, even with the fridge-emergency! I know you're doing a lot of stitching this month, but it probably won't count that much for the Finish it in goals, will it?
    By the way, remind me to ask you about these tags/labels in the Timesheet app, I can't for the life of me figure out how they work.
    Personally, I only have a very short post for the month, here it is: https://needlepensword.blogspot.com/2019/10/finish-it-in-october-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's good to be back on track! Not all of it will but I'm happy to get progress on anything really :)

      Will do!

      You have made good progress on the things you worked on :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.