Tuesday 22 October 2019

Blackwork SAL - October


Welcome to the tenth part of the Blackwork SAL! This month has been going amazingly well! Not only have I caught up with the September part that I was behind on but I also stitched this month's pattern! I have no idea how I am managing to stitch so much as I have been doing a good 1500 stitches every weekend this month as well.
This is what yours could look like once you have stitched yours!

As always I have included a larger area of the Blackwork pattern with the area to be used in the SAL marked out in red in case you have trouble with the blue and so you can see a larger area. You are not supposed to stitch this area.

You can find the pattern here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you Friday with a non-SAL Friday freebie and Saturday with the second Pre-stitch of the Autumn Mystery SAL!

7 comments:

  1. Well that looks like quick and mindless stitching, I'm sure I can get it done soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can October's pattern really be done in double running stitch? If so can you provide a diagram of the pathway? Thanks! So far I have made mine reversable and would like to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I'm aware this is a traditional blackwork pattern so it should be able to be done with a double running stitch. I'm afraid I'm not very good at these diagrams - I do these patterns as backstitch as I am easily confused by double running stitch. That said a bit of fiddling around has brought me to this line of thinking: April has a rope like pattern on the lowest triangle - the October pattern is basically this but then lined up. As you get to each + junction you can do a pair of \\ stitches that go forwards and back (so make a line on both the top and bottom of the fabric) before continuing on to the next +. Only do them to one side as you to the other side as you go past that for the other side of the rope. Does that help?

      Delete
  3. Thank you. I will give it a try and see if I can make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.