Friday 5 May 2017

Friday Freebie: C-3PO Mini Biscornu

So yesterday was May the 4th - the yearly Star Wars celebration and as you may have seen I shared a pattern for BB-8 to help the celebration along a bit. I saw lots and lots of wonderful Star Wars pictures on Twitter and deviantArt and the one thing I thought of when seeing a picture of R2-D2 and C-3PO in the desert was that not that many people seem to realise that C-3PO isn't fully gold but actually has a silver leg.

The colours therefore represent him - both the gold and the silver - no I didn't include red for his new red arm as I prefer him without that new arm colour. The centre star represents the fact that he too is a star in Star Wars. The zigzags are a loose representation of the fact that he's made of metal.

Stitched with Kreinik cord 102C and Kreinik blending filament 001HL on Jodyri Designs 20ct Nevermore silvered Aida. My eyes did not like working with silver on silvered Aida - which is why the stitching (and this post too as a result) took much longer than usual.

You can find the pattern here

I hope you enjoy this pattern!

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely pattern! I don't particularly think 'C-3PO' when seeing it, but I sure think 'pretty'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No you can't see him in there - like with the princess patterns it's a bit conceptual and mostly the colours but it's also a feeling for me personally. :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.