Thursday 29 June 2017

Christmas in July: Overview Post

It's almost July and time to let you know a little of what I have in store for you in July. As I have mentioned before in a few of my recent posts I am planning on giving a new freebie every single day during July!


As is not unusual for me there are several options for you to do what you want with the patterns, other than changing the colours to suit your preferences or Christmas decorating theme.
  • You can make a wall hanging using the pattern supplied below - it will take 30 of the 31 patterns. (Don't stitch the backstitch outlines in the daily patterns)
  • You can stitch one of the two stockings (just choose the direction you prefer) and fix it to some felt and use that as an ornament. (Don't stitch the backstitch outlines in the daily patterns)
  • You can stitch both stockings and stitch them together to make a double sided ornament. (Do stitch the backstitch outlines in the daily patterns and use them to whip stitch them together wrong sides facing - with or without beads, it's up to you!)
  • You can make them into a mini stocking you can fill with something small! A tutorial will follow around the 15th if all goes to plan. (Do stitch the backstitch outlines in the daily patterns)
  • You can stitch single stockings onto small bits of fabric or perforated paper to make cards or gift tags!
The good news is that I do not expect anyone to be able to keep up - I thought it would be a fun way to give lots of Christmas patterns in July so you could stitch them at your convenience.

Useful information:
  • Each stocking is a maximum of 41 x 60 stitches including the backstitched outline. 
  • You will get a left and a right facing stocking, do the one you prefer or do both! 
  • There are 2 sizes of stocking.
  • Both sizes will fit in the frame provided.
  • The frame is 320 stitches wide by 370 stitches wide and fits 30 stockings
  • You can calculate how much fabric you need by going here it does both inches and cm! 
  • All posts will be linked in the SAL sidebar for easy access - no need to search!
If you have any questions do ask! You do not need to be logged in to comment or, if you prefer, you can ask on twitter

You can find the framework pattern here

The first pattern will be posted on Saturday 1st July! See you then, if not before for the usual Friday Freebie. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward for those! I think I want to pick 24 to make an advent calendar...if I ever find the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fun idea! If you can choose which ones to use... ;)

      Delete
  2. So fun. I want to do them as one big piece and make as a wall hanging. I may make up a header or something that reads My Christmas Stocking or something like that. I also thought about making the individual two sided stockings and then make the back ground piece and find a way the stockings can be put on and taken off, Velcro or a button or hook of some kind giving dimension. Thanks you for such lovely patterns. I don't see anything under Day 1. I'm not missing a pattern am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the slow reply - I didn't get notified that I had another comment :( (and it was the day before my holiday too!)

      That sounds like a fantastic idea! You could add a loop to each stocking and have it hang from a button for easy removal :)

      I'm not sure what happened to the link but you were correct - it didn't go anywhere - thanks for letting me know, I've now fixed it!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.