Friday 6 September 2019

Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - September

Welcome to the ninth Ornament of the Month for 2019! This month's colour is Sun - not really a colour but with Autumn on its way in the northern hemisphere, and Spring on the way in the southern hemisphere we all need that last/first bit of sun while it's still nice. Today I stitched for the first time since July 2nd - just backstitch and beading but it was good to do *something* for a change.
While I didn't get to complete the ornament I did get the backstitched outlines done and the beads so you can fully see what it looks like.
You can see the beads a little better in this image.
These are the threads and beads I have used/will use to finish my ornament. On the middle left is DMC 307 that I used for the stitching and on the middle right is the craft thread I'll be using for the tassel and cord. On the far right is Kreinik 028L #4 Very Fine Braid. The beads are TOHO TR-11-32 Silver-Lined Lemon. If you can't get hold of TOHO beads Miyuki have similar beads as well: #6 - you can see what they look like here. Mill Hill have plain beads that match the DMC 307 thread: 02059 - you can see what they look like here.

Of course you are free to use whatever colours and threads you like - I'm just showing you which threads I have chosen for this month, which are also the colours I charted the pattern with.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #OrnamentoftheMonth and mention me @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

I'll see you Tuesday with the ninth part of the Mamluk SAL!   

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that you are up and about with some energy, is does take time to recover. I really do like this ornament series, thank you. Looking forward to your continued good recovery of energy to do what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty ornament, and I'm so happy you're getting back into the swing of things :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.