Thursday 15 March 2018

Spring Magical Mystery SAL: Pre-stitch 2

Welcome back! Hopefully everyone had time to stitch the first part before today! I saw lots of wonderful versions all over social media so I think many of you have! If you missed the other posts about this SAL please look here first: The Next Mystery SAL: The Spring Mystery
For this second part I have added some more colour to the structure you have already made - there are 224 stitches this time, a bit less than last time but nice to not have to stitch when time's short!

Important pattern notes:

Check to make sure you have your embroidery the right way up! I didn't and had to rip as it was turned 90 degrees and the stitches were not looking the same way.

The patterns all have a red line around them - do NOT stitch this! This line is to help you place where stitches have to go so you can see the centre of the pattern more easily. Though since you are stitching the centre of the pattern this week as well that should also make things easier for you.

The patterns also have a blue line around the red line - if you are stitching a biscornu this is the suggested backstitch line placement.

The stitches are right up against the lines you already did and are pretty easy to memorise I found, so it stitched up quite quickly while in a Skype chat with my fiancé.

Colour used this time:
  • Colour A (The green outline added to the orange in the image above.)
You can find the pattern here
You can find the previous pattern post here

Have fun and don't forget the next pattern for this SAL will be available on the 30th of March! Check for local times etc. in the main overview post linked at the top of this page. I have included a handy event time link so you can check your local time easily and added a timer in case you like that more.

4 comments:

  1. And here I am, still not having chosen my new colours...how am I that far behind with everything? Work trips really mess with my stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps! Well you have been busy and travelling does get in the way of being able to do stuff like pick colours.

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.