Friday 5 June 2015

Ornament of the Month - June

Depending on which site you consult you will find one of the following stones as birthstone of the month June: Pearl, Moonstone, Pink Alexandrite or Green Alexandrite. I didn't want to choose a single stone this month as I felt I was bound to miss someone's favourite stone so I decided to do all four.

It's been a lot of work to make so many patterns and ornaments this time round but I hope you find my efforts worth it! I have tried to make each pattern distinct and individual so you can make them all and have them all be different. You can of course always change the colours around to something you prefer - say use the pink colours for the moonstone pattern, or, as I have seen over on Deviant Art, use completely different colours - to make these patterns your own.

I have yet to start making the ornament finished ones - making these 4 was difficult enough time wise.
Pearl

Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which make it 2 1/4" square, in the colours listed in the pattern. I sewed it together in the way you'd sew a biscornu together adding pearly white beads of unknown origin, and I added loops made of twisted craft thread. At the bottom I added a pearlescent painted wooden bead.
Moonstone
Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which make it 2 1/4" square, in the colours listed in the pattern. I sewed it together in the way you'd sew a biscornu together adding pearlescant crystal beads of unknown origin, and I added loops made of twisted craft thread. At the bottom I added a moonstone chip.
Green Alexandrite
Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which make it 2 1/4" square, in the colours listed in the pattern. I sewed it together in the way you'd sew a biscornu together adding teal beads of unknown origin, and I added loops made of twisted craft thread. At the bottom I added a teal glass leaf.
Pink Alexandrite
I turned the Pink Alexandrite embroidery into a biscornu as I had to use a different fabric for it. For this I used 18ct white Aida and some pink seed beads of unknown origin.

You can find the pearl pattern here
You can find the moonstone pattern here
You can find the green Alexandrite pattern here
You can find the pink Alexandrite pattern here

The next pattern will be available on Friday 3rd July.

Note: This post used to be on NCC International Headquarters however I have moved this here so as to have all my patterns in the same place. It has been posted with the date that it was posted to the original site so as not to confuse people visiting my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Designs, Your generosity is appreciated..:)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.