Saturday 3 August 2019

Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - August

Welcome to the eighth Ornament of the Month for 2019! This month's colour is Jade - this month's pattern is fairly simple and is a lot of fun to do too! I was not able to add beads or complete it due to the infection in my finger and the antibiotics that I'm still taking (last one on Sunday - yay!) that are making me nauseous. This will of course also affect other SAL's later this month but I hope to catch up before too long as soon as my finger is prepared to do what it's supposed to do: work normally.
Here it is all stitched and before beads. I still need to add the backstitched borders around, in the embroidery and on the back so I can stitch both sides together.
These are the threads and beads I have used/will use to finish my ornament. On the middle left is DMC 699 that I used for the stitching and on the middle right is the craft thread I'll be using for the tassel and cord. On the far right is Kreinik 008L #4 Very Fine Braid. The beads are TOHO TR-11-36 Silver-Lined Green Emerald. If you can't get hold of TOHO beads Mill Hill have similar beads as well: 02055 - you can see what they look like here

Of course you are free to use whatever colours and threads you like - I'm just showing you which threads I have chosen for this month, which are also the colours I charted the pattern with.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #OrnamentoftheMonth and mention me @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

I'll see you tomorrow over on dA with the eighth NFSAL pattern - if you aren't a member don't worry! I'll be posting it here on the blog on Thursday. I'll be back on this blog on Tuesday with the eighth part of the Weavers Birds SAL!   

2 comments:

  1. I do love that green and I'm sure it'll be even more pretty once the beads are added. Hope your finger'll start behaving itself soon!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.