Saturday 3 January 2015

Ornament of the Month - January

It's the first Friday or the month (in the USA at least lol) and here is the first pattern! Garnet is the birthstone of the month of January so I used 3 shades of garnet for the pattern.

This is the ornament finished as part of the garland. Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which makes it 2 1/4" square, in the colours listed in the pattern. I sewed it together in the way you'd sew a biscornu together adding beads (Güntermann - not sure of size) adding loops made of twisted craft thread and at the bottom I added a Czech lead bead in garnet red with gold vein painted on it on both sides.

This is the ornament finished with the border from the wall hanging finishing suggestion. Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which makes it 3" square, in the colours listed in the pattern. I sewed it together in the way you'd sew a biscornu together adding beads (Güntermann - not sure of size) every other stitch. I added a loop made of twisted craft thread to hang it with, at the bottom I added a tassel made with the same thread and a bicone glass bead.

You can find the pattern here



Note: This post used to be on NCC International Headquarters however I have moved this here so as to have all my patterns in the same place. It has been posted with the date that it was posted to the original site so as not to confuse people visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.