Sunday 17 March 2013

Chicken and bacon burgers

I made this last night as I was in the mood for burgers but didn't have any mince (ground beef) to make it with. It was one of my experimental dishes that the kids LOVED so I thought I'd share it with you.

Ingredients:
  • 250 grams / 10 oz chicken breast - diced
  • 100 grams / 4 oz bacon (either slices or diced)
  • 1 large onion - roughly chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 50 - 75 grams / 3 - 4 oz breadcrumbs
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation:
  1. Put the chicken, bacon and onions into a food processor and whizz till it's finely chopped and looks like mince (ground chicken)
  2. Add an egg and 2/3 of the breadcrumbs
  3. Season to taste
  4. Whizz a bit more to mix it all in, add more breadcrumbs if it's a bit wet still.
  5. Make into patties that are about 10 cm / 4 inches across - I got 7 out of this mix but if you make them larger or smaller you will get more or less burgers.
  6. Fry for about 15 minutes in a frying pan (skillet) till brown and cooked through.
As you can see in the photo I served mine with mashed potatoes and tinned carrots and peas (not my favourite thing but I had a tin lurking that needed to be used) You can, of course, also make real burgers with them and put them on bread with a sauce and veg to taste.

Tip: If you make your hands wet before handling the meat to make patties the meat won't stick to your hands.

4 comments:

  1. Printed this and will DEFINITELY give it a try! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Awesome :D Do let me know what you think when you have tried it - I'd love to know :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks :D It was - there was almost a fight as the kids argued over who would get the last one.. hehe

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.