Tuesday 5 March 2013

Finish it in 2013 project: February overview and WIP update post

It's the beginning of March and time to write my update post. I've copy/pasted the last post and will be adding updates for each item so you can see before and after pictures showing last months picture and a new on for this month :) I didn't get so much done this month - I was still feeling quickly tired at the beginning of the month - then got hit by a flare up of my rheumatism that especially effected my right index finger and I'm right handed so holding a needle was as good as impossible for almost a week.

New Project:

I am also going to start a "large" and complicated new cross stitch project this year based on a photograph by a really talented Alaskan photographer who was incredibly kind and said I could make a cross stitch of it. The photographer is Mike Gates, go check out his site - his work is amazing!

The pattern was made for me as a prize for winning a competition on dA. It's 10 inches wide  x 14 1/2 inches high = 180 x 261 stitches on 18 ct Aida and it uses 147 colours. I am truly intimidated but I did ask for the pattern to be as close to the photo as possible and didn't limit size or colours and I certainly got what I asked for!

In February I dyed the fabric for this using coffee.

Update: I have not done anything else for this yet.

New completed project:

 I made a cover for my diary using 25 different embroidery stitches - a new post with this will follow soon as it's worthy of it's own post.

The Current WIP's:


Sagittarius star sign by Lanarte - central area complete
Update: No progress made on this.

Air and Earth Biscornu - complete
Update: I finished both biscornu. 
  
8th century tile floor embroidery in greens and blues. 
 Update: I have added a bit more to the top border.

Sampler - started
Update: I am a bit behind with the TAST (see side bar).

The UFO's:


2 sleeping bunnies - a Priscilla babyland embroidery - about half done but I *so* hate doing 1/4 and 3/4 cross stitches.

Dog embroidery (portrait) made from a photo years ago by a company - about 1/5th done.

Dog embroidery (standing) made from a photo years ago by a company - barely started.

Autumn leaves needle book WIP - embroidery is 1/2 finished.


The Finishes can be found if you click the tab "2013 finishes" at the top of the page.

2 comments:

  1. Now that my move and illness and everything is done, I came here to read your blog and was "re-inspired" to get back to work!!

    Have I ever told you how grateful I am we have met??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I was able to re-inspire you :D

      Yes you have and I feel the same way too!

      *note to self* It helps if I click "publish" after writing things lol

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.