- 250 grams / 10 oz chicken breast - diced
- 100 grams / 4 oz bacon (either slices or diced)
- 1 large onion - roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 50 - 75 grams / 3 - 4 oz breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the chicken, bacon and onions into a food processor and whizz till it's finely chopped and looks like mince (ground chicken)
- Add an egg and 2/3 of the breadcrumbs
- Season to taste
- Whizz a bit more to mix it all in, add more breadcrumbs if it's a bit wet still.
- Make into patties that are about 10 cm / 4 inches across - I got 7 out of this mix but if you make them larger or smaller you will get more or less burgers.
- Fry for about 15 minutes in a frying pan (skillet) till brown and cooked through.
Tip: If you make your hands wet before handling the meat to make patties the meat won't stick to your hands.