Saturday 26 May 2012

The Bathroom...

A couple of weeks ago I finally managed to get the landlord to see that the "wall" in the bathroom was about as safe as walking across thin ice over a tank of hungry piranha's and he sent a builder over to remove it. The guy got out a chisel and a hammer, put the chisel against the wall and leaned on it just before giving it a big whack and almost fell through the "wall". He was horrified at how bad it was - I suspected it was bad but didn't realise it was *so* bad. 


As you can see it didn't look too good after the builder went through the wall - he even took photo's because he said "My boss will never believe me if I don't take a few photo's." It didn't take him too long to take the rest of the wall down - it was water logged, mildewed and rotted through in many places and the only thing holding it up was the tiles lol.




Once the wall was gone we had the rail to remove and that left a nasty hole in the ceiling that I had to fix myself. Fortunately I CAN do that so once I'd worked myself up to do it I managed to do a decent job - it's not perfect but the only way to get perfect was to plaster the whole ceiling as the previous tenant had kindly used that nasty paint with bits in it and I just don't have the physical ability to do that.
Once that was dry and sanded I first painted the area's that needed it with anti mildew paint and then it was time to paint the bathroom a nice bright shade of green. As it's mostly tiled I could get away with a brighter shade than I could have if there wasn't so much white and I LOVE colour! 
Only about 75 cm / 30 inches at the top could be done and I chose to also paint the ceiling the same green as you can see in the image to the right

This is the bit to the right of the door above the sink and to the right of the shower.











 And this is the shower with the shower curtain that I installed yesterday after my shoulder had recovered from the painting - it's always fun to get out my power tools to do a job that far too many men *still* don't think that a woman can do - or should do in some cases. It was nice to have a shower with the shower curtain in place for the first time as I'd had to shower without for a couple of weeks before I was able to get started on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.