Friday 3 April 2015

Ornament of the Month - April

It is at last the first Friday of the month and with that comes the next ornament - April. April's birthstones are Diamond and CZ which were a bit of a challenge to choose colours for but after a long time looking at photo's I decided that overall they were shades of grey, with darker greys and lighter greys and very very sparkly. I would suggest that if you wish to have a really sparkly ornament you use some Kreinik blending filament "Solar Silver" 001L as that has a nice shine to it as well as the multi colour sparkles that real diamonds have.

This being the garland finish it's 2 1/4" square. This month I finished the edges with some of the beads Carla sent me as they looked perfect for the job and the pendant is one of the string of Swarovski bicones my bf sent me as a surprise in March. I did the stitches of the "diamond" elements a bit differently on the garland finish than I had done for the ornament that I'd finished first as I decided to do all of the stitches into the centre instead of huge stitches across going round in a circle.
This is the ornament finished with the border from the wall hanging finishing suggestion. Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which makes it 3" square, in the colours listed above. I sewed it together in the way you'd sew a biscornu together adding beads. I added a loop made of twisted DMC 762 to hang it with and at the bottom I added a tassel made with the same thread and a Swarovski bead my bf had given me.

You can find the pattern here

The next pattern will be available on Friday 1st May.


Note: This post used to be on NCC International Headquarters however I have moved this here so as to have all my patterns in the same place. It has been posted with the date that it was posted to the original site so as not to confuse people visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.