Friday 4 December 2015

Ornament of the Month - December

This is the final post with the ornaments of 2015. December has 3 different birthstones associated with it depending on where you look. Tanzanite, Blue Topaz and Blue Zirconia and as usual I have made a pattern for each.


The Tanzanite pattern has 2 "speciality stitches" that are not difficult at all, just done in a circle or longer stitches. I have a diagram here to help you stitch them just in case you don't know how:
Please note that when doing an eyelet you will find that a hole happens in the middle, this is normal and why it's called an eyelet.
This is the larger version with the additional border added which was made on 16ct antique white Aida and is 3" . I used real Tanzanite chips and TOHO Silver-lined frosted rainbow sapphire seed beads, colour code: TR-11-2035F to finish it.
For the Blue Topaz I decided to use a mix of brighter blues to reflect the colours seen due to the sparkle of the stone. This is the smaller size made on 16ct antique white Aida, which will make it 2 1/4" square when finished. I used Matte Capri Blue AB Czech glass bicones and TOHO inside-colour Aqua/Capri Lined seed beads, colour code: TR-11-932.
This is the Blue Zirconia ornament, it is also the smaller size made on the same 16ct antique white Aida, which also makes it 2 1/4". I used Swarovski 4 mm bicones, Blue Zircon AB2x and TOHO Silver-lined Frosted Dark Aquamarine seed beads, colour code: TR-11-23BF

You can find the Tanzanite pattern here
You can find the Blue Topaz pattern here
You can find the Blue Zirconia pattern here

Note: This post used to be on NCC International Headquarters however I have moved this here so as to have all my patterns in the same place. It has been posted with the date that it was posted to the original site so as not to confuse people visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.