Friday 3 July 2015

Ornament of the month - July

It's July at last and the first 6 months have passed. This month's birthstone is ruby - a lovely warm rich red.  I have made sure that the reds used this month are very different from the reds used for garnet in January as it is nice when you can easily tell them apart.

Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which makes it 3" square, in the colours listed in the pattern. I used red seedbeads from my stash, which are probably Gütermann as that's all I used to be able to get locally. I used red craft thread to make the hanging loop and tassel, which also has a red bicone on it.

I hope that those of you who are joining in can keep up with things - remember it's more than ok to swap colours or completely bling it up, what ever takes your fancy to use is more likely to make you happy with the end result. Personally I managed to fall behind a bit with last month's ornament finishes but then trying to do 8 ornaments in a month while also keeping to other deadlines is liable to cause that. The record high heat of the last week has not helped me get things done as my hands have swollen so much it hurts to hold a needle, so you will have to make do with just the one ornament.

You can find the pattern here

The next pattern will be available on Friday 7th August.

Note: This post used to be on NCC International Headquarters however I have moved this here so as to have all my patterns in the same place. It has been posted with the date that it was posted to the original site so as not to confuse people visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.