Friday 1 May 2015

Ornament of the Month - May

It's not only the first Friday of the month but the first day of the month and that also brings you the monthly ornament! This month the birthstone is Emerald and fortunately DMC has some lovely emerald colours. The pattern is inspired in part by the "gingerbread" trimming Victorian houses have, something I love and always reminds me of Christmas. In the centre is a flower surrounded by wispy leaves.

This is the ornament finished as part of the garland. Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which makes it 2 1/4" square, in the colours listed in the pattern. I sewed it together in the way you'd sew a biscornu together adding beads along the edges which are size 11 TOHO Silver lined Green Emerald (TR-11-36) seed beads. I added loops made of twisted craft thread and at the bottom I added a leaf shaped bead.
This is the ornament finished with the border from the wall hanging finishing suggestion. Made on 16ct antique white Aida, which makes it 3" square, in the colours listed in the pattern. I sewed it together in the way you'd sew a biscornu together adding size 11 TOHO Silver lined Green Emerald (TR-11-36) seed beads. I added a loop made of twisted craft thread to hang it with and at the bottom I added a tassel made with the same thread and a bicone glass bead.

You can find the pattern here

The next pattern will be available on Friday 5th June.

Note: This post used to be on NCC International Headquarters however I have moved this here so as to have all my patterns in the same place. It has been posted with the date that it was posted to the original site so as not to confuse people visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.