Friday 4 August 2017

Friday Freebie: Pocahontas

This week first the pattern then some personal stuff.  Those of you who saw all the Christmas in July patterns will have seen this week's pattern converted as a stocking (yes I made the fob pattern first!)
You can find Pinky the pink's pattern here (if it hasn't sold out yet as it's a limited edition pattern). Pinky's Etsy shop can be found here with more princesses and much, much more!


There is just cross stitch used for this pattern so it's pretty straight forwards but oh so fun to have around while you stitch up Pocahontas herself! You could jazz it up and add a fringed edging or some corner tassels when sewing this into a fob!

You can find the pattern here
You can find the stocking post here

Now for some personal stuff and the things it's affected (please do ignore if you are not interested). As some of you may have read I was away on holiday during some of the Christmas in July craziness - I was exhausted when I got back and had to deal with the usual post-holiday wash etc. and then less than 48 hours after I got back the kids got back from ex and I got another round of wash etc. to deal with. So as a result the promised tutorial for the fillable stocking didn't happen in July.

The Tuesday after I got back I went and had the blood tests my Dr wanted me to have the day I left to go on holiday. Getting them done sooner was impossible as I had to have some of the tests before food/coffee and as I'd already had coffee and something to eat before going to the Dr it had to wait till I got back. I got a phone call from the Dr's assistant the day after the test - in fact I got woken up by the call as it was before 9 am and my alarm is set for 9 in the summer holiday - the Dr never calls for results and certainly not so fast so I knew something was up and I was right. I had to go in to see the Dr almost straight away (well ok 1 1/2 hours later but I needed to caffeinate and shower etc. before leaving to bicycle there) and once there I was told the news nobody wants to hear: I have type 2 diabetes.

To say I'm shocked is a bit of an understatement - ok I'm overweight but not *that* badly and there is no history in our family of it either. I'm now on medication (even before the second test that confirms it 100% as my blood sugar is just too high for it to be anything else) and the meds and I are at odds making it hard to concentrate at times due to nausea and I have just too much on my mind to do all that much on my blog, though the Friday freebies will continue.

Hopefully I will get used to the meds soon and I'll be over the worst of the emotional shock of the news before too long, right now I'm doing a lot of research and working out how best to make the changes that need to happen to get me as well as I can be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the meds are making you suffer so much, and crossing my fingers you'll adjust to them soon :( To end on a brighter note, that pattern is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have stopped making me suffer now (so on to catching up with all the comments I didn't answer yet ;) ) I'm glad you like the pattern :D

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.