The reason it's late is mostly that when the fob was due I was in the middle of redecorating my living room and somehow after that was done I didn't get round to finishing it.
This month's fob was the brainchild of my bf who wanted to have a go at designing a cross stitch pattern as well. I made the actual pattern but the idea of it and what elements to use were his decisions. With Doctor Who starting the new season the day after this fob was due he wanted to make something that reflected the show and the time of year it started. The stories are adventures in space and time so the clock represents time and the star sign represents space, with Virgo being the star sign at the time of the first episode of the season with the added effect of hands of a clock which was quite unintentional.
- 2 pieces of 5 1/2" square 14ct black Aida
- Kreinik #4 braid: 001L, 002 and 012L
- Your stuffing of choice
- Black craft thread for the cord
You can download a clock version here: Fob a Month - Clock version
- If you prefer a clock use the alternate pattern given, remember you can set the clock to any time you like by changing the direction of the hands.
- If you would rather use another star sign go for it! Almost any star chart on the internet can be used to make it.
I used the usual method for making a biscornu and started by doing an outline of 42 backstitches per side 3 stitches away from the finished cross stitch. On the front I used copper Kreinik, on the back gold and the 2 sides were stitched together using silver which gives a really nice finish.
Remember to add the cord at the 12 O'clock position so it hangs the right way up!
I hope you enjoy this pattern, please do share a link to yours if you make it!